I was lucky to get in hand a pre-production Parker Guitar when I was at the KORG USA headquarters in Long Island around 1991 looking like a regular red Stratocaster. What really impressed me was the incredible weight: so light, I can’t believe it would sound properly. After less than a year I was holding in my hand my brand new blue Parker Fly with its contoured and peculiarly shaped poplar body. Still I love the guitar for its versatility and multiple sounds and for its fake acoustic sounding bridge, very used in ’90s fusion and world music records. With a weight that is less than two kilos you can use it on stage even for a Band Aid concert without feeling tired or stressed.
Still a jewel in the entire guitar world panorama.
- Carved Poplar body
- Parker custom-cast aluminum vibrato bridge, stainless steel saddles
- DiMarzio custom wound pickups
- 3-way mag pickup selection with push-pull coil tap
- Graph Tech™ ghost® piezo saddles Acousti-phonic Modular Pre-amp
- Custom Parker vibrato system
- Only 1.928 gr.